Moving Day Relocation Companies
We’d be lying if we said we didn’t understand why people are so reluctant to move. Moving is said to be one of the most stressful life events that one can go through. At Primetime Movers, we are different from most of the general population; we have a passion for packing and a mania for moving. Simply put, we’re the best at what we do because we love what we do!
After moving hundreds, maybe even thousands, of residents and business owners into their new digs, we’ve learned a thing or two about making the process a seamless one, free of anxiety and worry.
To help make your move with Primetime Movers a smooth one, we recommend that the following steps are completed the day of your big move.
- Designate which boxes you need quick access to by labeling them “Last Load.”
- Make sure that all loose items are secured within boxes.
- Unplug all electronics and appliances one day prior to moving day so that they are at a safe temperature on moving day.
- Remove all pictures from the walls.
- Label each box, on both the top and the side, with the room that they are to be delivered to; i.e. kitchen, bedroom, den…
- Remove all heavy and breakable items from dresser and desk drawers.
- Clear any and all items from inside of any appliances that you may be taking with you.
- Remove all linens from your beds.
- Disassemble bedroom sets.
- Re-check all rooms, closets, cabinets, and cupboards to ensure that nothing is left behind.
In order to make sure that you have everything you need when you get to your new home, we recommend the packing of an “Essentials Box.” After hundreds of moves, we recommend including the following essential items to be included.
- Toilet paper
- Instant coffee
- Garbage bags
- Change of clothes
- Dish soap and towel
- Pet food and dish
- Small tool kit
- Bath towels and toiletries
- All-purpose cleaner
- Personal mug/plate/cutlery
- Shower curtain
- Important documents
Lastly, take one last look around the place before locking up and leaving. Check twice to make sure that the air conditioner/heater, water, and lights are all off and that all windows are securely fastened shut. Perform a final walk through to ensure that you’ve left nothing behind and leave your house keys somewhere that is secure but obvious to the new residents.
By being just a bit organized you can actually make local and long distance moving a bit fun. With Primetime Movers helping you relocate, you’ll experience stress-free moving at its best.